Which side does the group appeal to more?
LE SSERAFIM is one of the top fourth-generation K-Pop groups dominating the market both domestically and across the globe. In less than a year of their debut, the group has managed to amass a following of millions (5.1 million to be exact, adding up just their Instagram and Twitter followers). But which demographic do they appeal to the most? A recent breakdown of LE SSERAFIM’s fan meeting attendees has given netizens some surprising insight into it.
There are multiple analytical charts being shared by netizens online, but the approximate remains the same across those. One of the charts shows that fans that attended the group’s fansign consisted of 42.4% of males and 57.6% of females. In another chart, the ratio is 44.1% males to 44.9% females. A third chart showed the numbers to be 47.7% males versus 52.3% females. Regardless of the different data sources, it appears that LE SSERAFIM has a slightly larger female fanbase compared to men.
There is an older study that puts these numbers a little bit more into perspective. In October last year, Kyobo Research Center published a statistical study where it broke down the buyer demographic of several fourth-generation girl groups, including LE SSERAFIM, based on sales recorded by the e-commerce platform Aladdin. In that study, it showed that 52% of the group’s album purchases were done by men and 48% by women. Though the parameters are different, it is possible that the group has garnered more female fans over the last few months, leading to the tipping over of the percentages.
The recent charts also showed that the group is the most popular among people in their 20s, which accounts for more than 50% of the attendees at their fansigns. This is followed by teenagers, who constitute around 20% of the total attendees.
Netizens were pleasantly surprised by how well-balanced LE SSERAFIM’s fandom is, noting that despite many mistaking the group as targeted towards any one gender-specific audience group, the numbers show they appeal to both sides.
- “IZ*ONE was male-centric, right? There are two members from that group, so obviously, the gender ratio is similar, LOL. LE SSERAFIM itself as a group seems good enough to attract female fans.”
- “Both the gender and age ratio is perfect.”
- “It’s good that people between the age groups of 10-30 make up 90%.”
- “I hope they get more female fans.”
- “Wow, this gender ratio is perfect.”
- “Seems like people were framing them as this group catered for menㅋㅋ, But they always had more female fans.”
- “Whoa, I always thought they had more female fans.”
- “They have more male fans than I expected. I thought that they mostly had female fans.”
Share This Post
Read original article here: www.koreaboo.com
- Gender Distribution Of LE SSERAFIM’s Fan Meeting Attendees Surprises Netizens
- Check all news and articles from the latest NEWS updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.