Article: “I want to live in Korea” Sam Okyere publicly apologizes three years after his racism controversy
Source: Insight via Instagram
1. [+738] It took him three years to apologize~~~ why not wait a full 30 years instead~~!! 😂
2. [+334] He still hasn’t gone back to Ghana???? I thought he already left ☠️ Didn’t he cause that scandal knowing he’d have to leave???
3. [+333] I understand where he’s coming from but I think it’s too late. He’s lost the timing to be able to turn back people’s feelings.
4. [+750] But is telling someone to go back to their country so “cold”…?
5. [+327] He’s just out of money now, trying to slip back on TV like this
6. [+115] If he wants to live in Korea so badly, he can just… do other work besides TV work?? ㅎㅎ Why insist on broadcast work… I think people hate him more because he doesn’t seem genuine about his words.
7. [+325] His scandal was never an issue of right or wrong. His true colors simply got exposed and he flipped his own bowl of food over. There’s no one to apologize to when it’s your own doing..
8. [+52] Where’s the apology for the sh*t you talked about us to BBC?
9. [+137] Okyere is not sorry, he just wants to be making money again
10. [+16] Where’s the apology for your sexual harassment comments?
11. [+93] The fact that he claimed there was no sexual nuance to his picture with Park Eun Hye where he commented “once you go black, you never go back” ㅋㅋ
12. [+48] No one is perfect and free from mistakes~ if he is offering an apology, we should learn to accept it as well~
13. [+13] He’s a nice kid, I don’t get why you’re all up in arms over him. He’s apologizing… Don’t act like you’ve never had to apologize someone to keep your paycheck. Enough’s enough, guys…
14. [+37] It’s clear that he only views Korea as a country where he can say a few things on TV and make good money off of it. I already know a ton of people who change the channel when he’s on now.
15. [+41] Jonathan has already replaced you on TV!!
Source: Wikitree via Instagram
1. [+328] Why isn’t he mentioning how he went to CNN and blasted Korea for being a racist country? He got big off of that and started acting like he wasn’t going to come back to Korean TV but I guess it’s time to come back now that foreign media doesn’t want you anymore, right?
2. [+124] The PDs who are still casting this guy are the real issue
3. [+100] You can live in Korea if you want. Just get a job and work hard like everyone else here. Or are you too good to work a regular job that isn’t easy money like your old TV job?
4. [+62] You can start by fixing what you said in your BBC interview, painting our country as racist and letting CNN run with that in their news. It’s only then that people will start to consider your apology.
5. [+206] It’s unfortunate what happened with him because I could tell that his love for our country was genuine before… Everyone makes mistakes, and now that he’s apologizing from a genuine place and seems to have reflected, I hope we can see a more positive side of him on TV~
Video: Sam Okyere’s apology and expression of desire to live in Korea sparks backlash
Source: Issue King TV via YouTube
1. [+256] Sam Okyere, generous towards himself but not to others…
2. [+233] I think his biggest problem is that he never tries to understand what his mistake or issues actually are, he’s just more focused on changing sides depending on whatever situation he finds himself in. Some people just never change.
3. [+161] I don’t get how his apology can be genuine when just a month ago he was talking in rage over Korean internet culture… He’s just scared that he’s running out of money and wants to come back to TV now.
4. [+62] Honestly, I’d respect him more if he was just honest and said “hey, I need money now so please take me back” ㅋㅋ
5. [+61] Wow, so gross ㅋㅋㅋㅋ just a few weeks ago, he was giving an interview on some other channel talking crap about Korea, but now he’s back apologizing ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+72] Our culture is our strongest asset, which also makes our people the most sensitive when it comes to issues regarding our culture. If you can’t withstand that, you need to go back to your country.
7. [+37] The only Sams who Koreans accept are Sam Smith and Sam Hammington 🙂
8. [+9] After your slant eye picture? After your sexual harassment comments to Park Eun Hye and Choi Yeo Jin? After your latest interview calling Korea racist? Now you’re apologizing?
Read original article here: netizenbuzz.blogspot.com
- Sam Okyere apologizes for his controversies three years ago
- Check all news and articles from the latest NEWS updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.