Article: SM staff begin counterattack on Hybe… “We will protect SM and Pink Blood (SM fandom name)”
Source: Insight via Instagram
1. [+761] Hybe clearly seems to be the better choice over Kakao… Let’s keep the fighting to a minimum, guys. I feel bad for the celebrities in SM now..
2. [+641] Just don’t let Kakao get it
3. [+176] Rich words coming from a group of people who were going to pass the company straight to Kakao if no one stepped in ㅋㅋ
4. [+170] What makes Kakao not the same hostile takeover in their eyes? It’s also funny to me that they’re claiming a Hybe M&A will force SM’s culture to be subordinate to theirs… well, they don’t have a problem with their culture being subordinate to Chinese investment money, though? These 208 SM staff need to transfer to Kakao.
5. [+150] I just don’t understand how they’re claiming that they’re trying to “protect SM” when they’re still receiving investment money in the end ㅋㅋㅋㅋ SM is a company running on investors, not their staff. If you wanted a voice or more power in the company, you should’ve bought more SM stock. You’re nothing but a wage earner and you think you have a right to demand influence in the company? That you’re protecting its “roots”? If you truly cared for the company like you’re trying to claim now, you would’ve said something the first time Lee Soo Man was hoarding all the work and the profits to his own private company. Why did you keep your mouth shut then and only decide now to worry about your company’s “roots” ㅋㅋㅋ Your intentions are so blatantly obvious. It’s funny that you’re trying to protect anything at all in an industry where trends change like the wind every 2-3 years.
6. [+128] I don’t think the staff are fighting the right battle. This isn’t an issue of Kakao is good, Hybe is bad, it should be an issue of “Lee Soo Man’s scandals have been exposed so everyone please back off and let us handle this on our own”… What us fans want is not for SM to be under anyone but to just stay as they are now. And Lee Sung Soo-nim, you’ve exposed enough about Lee Soo Man’s secrets so it’s time to stop with the media play and focus on preparing a corporate briefing and a shareholders’ meeting. The more you keep speaking up like this, the more you’re giving Hybe more material to prepare their side with.
7. [+93] Hybe is the best when it comes to taking care of their artists, no? They give you support… and just look at how Seventeen and BTS all renewed their contracts. International advancements are also better under Hybe… They never said they were going to change SM’s identity, they already said they wouldn’t involve themselves in the music… and it’s normal for staff turnover during M&As. Let’s be real, if all of you over at SM were doing your jobs properly, none of this would even be happening…
8. [+18] New Jeans’ Hype Boy
9. [+97] Your own CEO has resigned. Don’t stick your neck out by going against the new administration and end up getting fired by them. Just keep your head down and work hard for the artists and their fans.
10. [+32] Hybe’s the best
11. [+22] Just wait for them to go “hip hip hooray for Hybe” once Hybe starts getting them some good profits ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Stay quiet and show up to work for now ㅋㅋㅋ
12. [+54] I don’t see anything wrong with the staff voicing their opinions. They may not be able to change anything but I support their desire to protect SM’s identity.
13. [+16] Let’s win, Hybe!
14. [+18] Ah ㅋㅋㅋ Who do these staff think they are to be counterattacking anything? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ please just f*ck off to Kakao ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Do you think Hybe fans are happy that you’re coming under Hybe or something? ㅋㅋㅋ
15. [+8] What exactly do these staff members think they’re going to accomplish.. ㅋㅋ their largest shareholder is Hybe.. Enough with the bullsh*tting and either submit or quit..
Read original article here: netizenbuzz.blogspot.com
- SM staff form their own group in a vow to protect the company from Hybe
- Check all news and articles from the latest NEWS updates.
- Please Subscribe us at Google News.